• Using Sammy's Teardrop Pyramage Templates in My Craft Studio ™

These instructions have been compiled following a request in the main forum for instructions on how to use pre-designed templates in the My Craft Studio ™ program.
    As I was unable to size and position the elements correctly using a pre-designed sheet, I have sized all of the elements individually and saved them as a layered file within the program. If you have purchased this template and require this file please contact Sammy.

To start with it would be helpful if you know where to find most of the functions in My Craft Studio ™. I will work on the basis that this is your first time with the program, so I hopefully don’t forget to mention anything.

Please note, this is a very brief and concise layout for the purpose of this tutorial only and does not represent the complete program.

Explorer allowing you to browse through your computers files and folders.
    Shows the image files within your selected folder above.
    Yellow - My Craft Studio ™A4 workspace
    Multi Select – Off selects the top layer only - On enables you to select additional layers
    Stretch or Crop – when an item is selected you can either stretch the image to enlarge or reduce it’s size maintaining the image in it’s entirety, or you can crop the image to reduce the size of the image by removing portions of it.
    Size and Position – Used to place items in specific areas on the workspace – this tutorial uses only the Left and Top options.
    Shows details of what effects you have made on your project, i.e. the file you have loaded onto the workspace, the rotation of a specific object.
    Once an image is selected you will notice handles surround it. These differ depending on whether you have Stretch or Crop selected. In the crop mode they are solid black square which will look like this.

Right let’s get on with making up this pyramage sheet.

To begin, you will need the teardrop template sheet2.mscp file. As explained previously, a copy of this has been forwarded to Sammy, and if you have purchased her Teardrop Template and wish to use this version for My Craft Studio ™, please email her for a copy.

Open the teardrop template sheet2.mscp file in My Craft Studio ™.

So we are able to use the whole of the workspace we first need to move these layers out of our way.

To do this, select all of the layers by clicking to the top left of the image with your mouse, keep the mouse button pressed down and drag diagonally across the image to the bottom right. The images will ‘grey out’ and then ‘handles’ will appear around it to show it’s selected.

In Size and Position enter 18 in the Left and 26 in the Top Sections – this will move them all out of the way at once so we can use the workspace. (Note – the program does not keep the measurements exactly and may alter your settings by a fraction – this is not going to interfere with your finished sheet)

Click away from layers to deselect

FIRST LAYER

Open and add your image, which should be 9cm wide x 15cm high
    Click the image to select it, and with the mouse still over the image right click on the mouse and select Bring to Front.
    In Size and position enter 1.14 in the Left and 1.16 in the Top sections and click update.

Turn Multi Select to OFF

Click the top layer of template files to select, right click and select Bring to Front.
    Enter the same settings of 1.14 Left and 1.16 Top and click update.

That’s our first layer done.

2ND LAYER

Add another copy of your 9x15 picture, click the image to select, right click and select Bring to Front. Position at 10.21 Left and 0.48 Top, click update

Click the next layer of the template files to select, right click, Bring to Front then position the file to the same settings as the image, i.e. 10.21 Left and 0.48 Top – click update.

We now want to reduce this 2nd layer as much as possible as well as the picture layer beneath it so we can fit more layers onto the page.

Select Crop from the Stretch and Crop option box on the right,
    Click the top (template) layer to select it, then reduce it in size as much as possible by moving the sides top and bottom nodules in towards the central image. Click away from the image to deselect, now click the picture image underneath by clicking the part of the image that protrudes from the template layer, and reduce this in size as much as possible as well.

Turn Multi Select ON

Click and drag across this 2nd set of layers from top left to bottom right to select both. Using the handle at the top rotate the image 180 degrees (the amount of rotation is shown on the bottom left hand corner of the page)

Turn Multi Select OFF and click away from the image to deselect.
    NOTE – you cannot crop the images successfully after rotation so it is important to do all changes to your image beforehand.

3RD LAYER

Add another copy of your picture, click to select, right click and bring to front.
    Position at 1.19 Left and 14.74 Top, click update.
    Click next layer of the templates to Select, right click and Bring to front and place into the same position – click update.
    Click away to deselect layer.

Select Crop from the Stretch Crop options, click the top (template) layer and reduce as much as possible as you did before. Now click the image underneath and crop this image as much as possible also. Click away from the image to deselect.

Turn Multi Select ON

Click and drag from the top left corner to the bottom right corner to select both layers and then move them as close to the left margin as possible. (my final position for this layer was 1.14 Left and 16.64 Top although yours may be slightly different).

Turn Multi Select OFF, click away from image to deselect.

4th LAYER

Add 9 x 15 picture, click image to select, right click and Bring to Front.
    Position at 12.09 Left and 15.8 Top, click update.
    Click on next template layer to select, right click and Bring to Front. Place in same position as picture click update.

Select Crop from the Stretch/Crop menu and reduce both layers as much as possible as you did previously. Click away from image to deselect.

5th LAYER

Place at 7.91 Left and 15.77 Top, click update.
    Click on next template layer to select, right click and Bring to Front. Place in same position as picture, click update.

Select Crop from Stretch and Crop menu and reduce both the picture and template in size as much as possible.

Turn Multi Select ON and select both layers, (if the image layer is the last layer you cropped and you haven’t clicked away from it, simply click the cropped template to select both.)
    Using the handle above rotate the image 66 degrees (shown on bottom left hand side of screen)

Enter 7.7 in the Left and 12.99 in the Top Position settings. Click Update.

Turn Multi Select OFF, click away from the image to deselect.

6th LAYER

Place at 6.22 Left and 17.22 Top, click update.
    Click on next template layer to select, right click and Bring to Front. Place in same position as picture click update.

Select Crop from Stretch and Crop menu and reduce both the template and the picture behind in size as much as possible.

7th LAYER

Position at 13.6 Left and 7.67 Top – click update.

Select Crop from Stretch and Crop menu and reduce both the template and the picture behind in size as much as possible.

The final (8th) layer of the templates is not required, click on this layer to select and hit the delete button to remove.

Don’t forget to save your file to avoid losing all of your hard work.

Select File from the top toolbar, down to Save As and then type in your project name for you to recall time and time again.

Have fun

Debbie J

Credits

‘My Craft Studio’ is a registered trademark of Craft Channel Productions Limited

Original Teardrop Pyramage Template copyright Samantha Murphy of CMD and SBM
    http://www.card-making-downloads.com...oducts_id=2422

Comments 2 Comments
      craftylass -
      Great Tutorial, just purchased the Teardrop Template and would love the Overlay for use in MCS.

Christine x
      Deborah Lauder -
      Hi Christine,

I will email Sammy and ask her to send a copy of the MCS template to you. I'm so pleased you like the tutorial, and if you have any problems just let me know

Thank you

PS I have removed your personal email address from your original post to try to avoid a few spam messages in your inbox
  • Recent Articles