• Cutting Machines

by Published on 11th February 2012 11:03 AM  Number of Views: 2366 
    1. Categories:
    2. Tutorials

Here is a list of the most popular software programs - along with their proprietary format and the other formats they can also use. (I use 4 of the programs) Also listed are machines that will work with the software. It is pretty comprehensive. I will research it further and amend as I find more info.........

More important than what machine you have, is what cutting software you are using - as many software programs work with more than one machine, and the software determines what file format can be used.

FUNTIMES SCRAPBOOKING
    -wpc format (imports svg, dxf,ai,eps, pdf, plt, dpf)
    Machines - Black Cat, Craftmate, Craft Robo & Pro, KNK, Vinyl Express, Silhouette SD & Cameo, Quickutz, Wishblade, Creative Cutter, Fun Cut, Sign MAx, ScrapSavvy, Froggy

Funtimes Scrapbooking Gazelle Edition
    - wpc format (imports svg, dxf,ai,eps, pdf, plt, dpf)
    Machines - Gazelle only

Sure Cuts A Lot SCAL
    - svg format
    Machines- eCraft, Blackcat, Gazelle, Pazzles Inspiration, Silhouette SD & Cameo, US Cutter (only early versions work with Cricut)

Make The Cut
    - mtc format (imports svg, ai, eps, pdf, ps, scut) (only early versions work with Cricut)
    Machines- eCraft, Blackcat, Gazelle, Pazzles Inspiration, Silhouette SD & Cameo, KNK,US Cutter

RoboMaster & Wishblade
    - gsd format (imports/loads dxf)
    Machines- Craft Robo, Wishblade

Silhouette Studio Designer Edition
    - studio format (imports/opens gsd, svg, dxf)
    Machines - Silhouette SD, Cameo

NOTE:
    - you should always try to get files in the proprietary format for their software. For instance a file saved as svg in MTC will open in a different size and sometimes with a double cut line, when opened in Silhouette Studio.....different software interprets files differently.

Cricut owners…

SCAL (sure cuts a lot) - do NOT update, after ver 2 you lose the ability to cut to cricut
    MTC (make the cut) you can update your machine as the software still works
    Fairycut – you can update your machine as the software still works.

• Recent Articles