• How to make a Push n Pull card

This tutorial has been done using an open front Push n Pull card but the procedure is the same for my aperture front push n pull cards as well.

Cut out all pieces, leave a border around the card front & card back pieces so the center score lines are still visible.

Score the center lines then cut around the outlines on both the card front & card back.

Glue the back inner panel to the reverse of the card back. If You are making an aperture front card just repeat this step with the card front & card front inner panel and then cut out the aperture.

Cut slots where indicated on card front then score the side panel lines. Mountain fold the center line then valley fold the two side panels. Re-score the centre line on the card back and score the side panel lines, mountain fold the center line and valley fold the side panels. Open both pieces out.

Glue the center element pieces back to back and score the short center line. Pinch the score line into a valley fold.

Curve the rest of the element slightly between your fingers then open the piece out.

Push the tabs on the central element through the slots on the card front

Apply glue to one of the end panels on the card back and fix to the corresponding panel on the card front.
    Repeat this for the other side.

Line up the central element so that it sits in the middle of the card and the two tabs are equal. Fix the sentiment to the card front using two foam pads, one at either end, do not fold the sentiment curve it slightly between your fingers, this will give the card a bow fronted effect rather than a fold down the center.

Apply a little glue to the ends of the tabs on the central element and fix the tab elements in place. They can overlap the slots slightly but do not let them drop below the base of the card.

Hold the card by both ends and gently push towards the center and the back and front of the card will open up.
    Your card is complete.
    Comments 6 Comments
      Deborah Lauder -
      Great tutorial Beryl and thank you for offering this fab card as a free download too, I can't wait to have a play xx
      starstuff -
      Lovely card idea Beryl!
      Do you have plans for making a template?
      Think I'll be making this up for an order I'm doing atm!!
      xx
      Beryl Wingate -
      Quote Originally Posted by Deborah Lauder View Post
      Great tutorial Beryl and thank you for offering this fab card as a free download too, I can't wait to have a play xx
      Thanks Debbie, I got there in the end with your help. Let me know how you get on making the card up and if the tutorial helps. Hugs Beryl
      Beryl Wingate -
      Quote Originally Posted by starstuff View Post
      Lovely card idea Beryl!
      Do you have plans for making a template?
      Think I'll be making this up for an order I'm doing atm!!
      xx
      Thanks for your lovely comments, haven't really thought about doing a template, never done one before, but I'll give it a try. Hope you enjoy making up the card please let me know how you get on. Hugs Beryl
      karenh -
      Hi Beryl
      Just downloaded your freebie cant wait to play later. Waiting in anticipation to see if you manage to make a template

Karen H
      Admin -
      Love this card, well done Beryl would love to buy this as a cu template too
  • Recent Articles